Everyone needs a no-fail chocolate cake. Here's mine. :)
Chocolate Cake Mix (any will do)
Small Box of Chocolate pudding (3.9 oz)
1/4 Cup Cocoa (I prefer Hershey's Special Dark)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract (I prefer Madagascar Vanilla)
1 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted salted butter
NOTE: You are entitled to change it up, but I reserve the right to take away the "no-fail" badge of you do...
1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. Spray your pan with a no-stick baking spray with flour. I use Baker's Joy.
3. Melt the butter. No, room temp won't work and neither will oil. This is not health class. Use the melted. Utter.
4. Pour the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment an turn it on you lowest setting.
5. Add room temperature eggs one at at a time until well incorporated.
6. Mix in the condensed milk and turn the speed up to medium high for 5 minutes.
7. While the eg mixture is working, and in a separate bowl,whisk together the dry ingredients. (cake mix, pudding, cocoa)
8. Turn your mixer on low and mix in the dry ingredients in 3 separate additions alternating with buttermilk additions. Scrape the sides of the bowl in between additions if needed.Mix until smooth - about a minute.
9. Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla and stir it in by hand. Your mixture should look more like brownies than cake at this point.
10. Spread evenly into a 10x10 square pan and bake at 350 for 40 - 50 minutes.