Red Velvet Mix
2 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup canola oil
5 room temperature eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 cup buttermilk
2 1/4 tsp baking soda
3 tsp vinegar
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the red velvet mix, flour, cocoa and salt.
2. Using the whisk attachment, mix the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add the oil and eggs to the sugar mixture: mix until well blended, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Add the vanilla extract and sour cream and mix until it is well incorporated.
5. Add 1/2 of your dry ingredients to the batter and mix well - don't forget to scrape the bowl!
6. Add 1/2 of the buttermilk.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6.
8. In a small dish, combine the baking soda and vinegar and immediately fold
It into your batter.
9. Bake it up!! It will make very close to 4 dozen cupcakes and one good sized cake.
Note: Buy some pre-made Philadelphia Cream Cream Cheese Cheesecake and fill your cupcakes for the ultimate WOW! Top with cream cheese frosting and you're money!! Later Cakers!